Improv for Business: Confidence & Communication
The Maydays business improv course in London is an open group programme, allowing you to book a place as an individual, without needing to form a group in your own company.
We love to organise custom workshops for businesses but sometimes it is useful to meet new people, play with different personalities and train up without your work colleagues there.
It doesn't much matter whether you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the MD of an SME, or a mild-mannered janitor. Once you get in the room, everyone is equal, and everyone is supportive. It also doesn't matter whether you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert.
Improv for Business: programme contents
Improv is not about displaying the skills you always use. Being funny, musical or quick will not get you anywhere. Being responsive, attentive and free will.
Instead, using our extensive experience of improvisation in corporate settings, we build unimaginable levels of trust, collaboration, teamwork and communication. That alone may inspire you to take the spirit of improv back to your respective organisation, but there's more. You'll also spend the afternoon free of judgement and with your inner critic firmly silenced. We create a space where you reconnect with your inner child, be spontaneous, think on the spot, make stuff up and laugh, a lot.
Each day is slightly different as we adapt to you and your fellow participants and each session has a different emphasis, meaning that you can get a lot from a one-off session, but equally you can book in advance to have a regular dose of improv throughout the year.
Every programme is CPD accredited, so the points can count towards your personal development or annual training plan.
Improv course outcomes
Each session we run will include exercises to develop:
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make strong decisions in real-time
- Group collaboration and teamwork
- Presentation and communication skills
- Agility and free-thinking
- Active listening skills and concentration
- Positive attitudes to being out of your comfort zone
In addition, this particular session will have a focus on: Confidence and Communication
- Effectively communicating your ideas to someone or to a group
- Listening and accepting the ideas of others
- Having confidence when speaking in public
- Letting go of the script and feeling calm on the fly
- Body language and non-verbal communication.
- Effective communication is largely based on confidence, and confidence comes from practice, failure, more practise and more failure! Only when we realise that failure is not the endpoint, but an opportunity to stand up and be genuine, honest and open-hearted do we realise that we did not fail after all.
By the end of the session, you'll feel more free with your words and ideas and more receptive to listening to alternative views.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is intended for people working in a business setting, regardless of position on the pay scale. Whilst many of the participants will be business owners, executives, leaders and managers from all backgrounds, no one will feel out of place. Our central London training venue is suitable for people with limited mobility. If you have any special requirements you'd like us to be aware of, please email us for advice or information.
Date: 16th September 2020
Time: Arrive from 13.45 for a 14:00 start and a 17:00 finish
Individual Cost: £250p/p+service fee
Group booking: £200p/p+service fee when 2+ book onto the same workshop
Venue: Faber Creative Spaces, Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn, London WC1B 3DA
Nearest transport links:
Nearest tube: 5-minute walk from Holborn Station (Central & Piccadilly Line), a 7-minute walk from Tottenham Court Road Station (Northern & Central Line).
Nearest bus stop: British Museum (Stop W) no. 14 bus.
Parking: The venue does not have parking, but there is a car park just across the road in Bloomsbury Square.
Faber Creative Spaces (View)
Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn
London WC1B 3D
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|